What do I do when I have lost someone?

Have you lost someone? How does someone get started in the process after someone’s death?

Upon death, the personal representative named in the Will or the trustee named in the Trust would contact my office and set up an appointment. We would review the financial situation of the deceased at the time of death and either start a probate proceeding in the court, if there was a Will, or a trust termination process, if there was a Trust. If the deceased did not have a Will or a Trust, we would start an intestate probate proceeding in the court.

Throughout either the probate proceeding or the trust termination process, I will advise the personal representative or the trustee of their legal duties and all other matters, and prepare all of the documents required to complete the process, so that the net assets of the estate are properly distributed.

Schedule a free initial consultation

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.